Tuesday, November 17, 2009

20 week OB appointment

We had our 20 week OB appointment today. The doc reviewed all the results from our ultrasound and she said everything looks fantastic! Clean bill of health for Kaylee thus far. I guess she is measuring big and my belly is measuring small. I have officially put on 2 pounds. Gaining weight is not one of those milestones I have looked forward to but it had to start sometime. I also found out I have an anterior placenta, which means the placenta is in between my belly button and the baby instead of behind the baby, so to speak. Anyways, that is the reason I have only felt movement a few times. There is essentially a pillow between the baby and my stomach and her kicks are not yet strong enough for me to feel. She sure is active though. We were able to hear her kick and roll over on the doppler monitor when we were listening to the heartbeat (I had know idea as to what I was listening to until the doc pointed it out).

At today's appointment we talked about birth plans, childbirth class and inductions. It was weird to discuss such things but the doc says we need to start thinking about what our plans are going to be. Not that I haven't been thinking about it, but it seemed so official coming from the doc. One thing we did learn is that our doctor will induce as soon as we miss our due date, so we won't have to wait too long. I'm pretty sure I would like to avoid the induction route but glad, if it comes down to it, I won't have to be waddling around uncomfortable and huge!

Halfway to my due date tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails