Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Untethered

First bottle = SUCCESS!!!

I was anxious to get Kaylee to take a bottle. I appreciate all the benefits of breastfeeding for mother and baby and all, but I am happy to share feeding duties with daddy and not to mention having the ability to leave the house if needed and not worry that my child might be starving. So, I started pumping and we gave the bottle a try. I didn't really have high expectations that it would work the first time. I had multiple bottles on hand, in the event she didn't like the first one I chose. We went with the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles to start. I got her ready, gave her the bottle, and... she took it the first time! Gulped down 3 ozs and was ready for more! I thought it might have been beginner's luck but we gave her another one today without a problem. Next step: getting daddy to give the bottle :)

Sanity savers for the day:
the white noise app for the iPhone (waves crashing is our fav) & "bouncing" her to sleep on the exercise ball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails