Monday, March 22, 2010

37 weeks

Kaylee is cooked! We made it to 37 weeks, which technically means she has made it to full-term. Alright, kid, we are ready for you! My maternity leave officially started today and I am already kind of bored, even though I have a to do list a million miles long. I have been somewhat productive thus far. I have some loose ends to tie up for work, then I will have time to neurotically clean my house and organize the garage.

How far along? 37 weeks, 5 days
Total weight gain: 25 pounds
Maternity clothes? Outgrowing them at a rapid pace
Sleep: Actually, not too bad
Best moment this week: Starting maternity leave
Worst moment: Starting maternity leave
Movement: If you could see my belly, you might think an alien was trying to escape through my belly button. So, yes, we have movement
Gender: Sure hope it's a girl
Labor Signs: lots of contractions, but no real progress. She is head down. Seems to be climbing higher into my ribs instead of heading south though.
Belly Button in or out? way out
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach
What I am looking forward to: meeting our baby girl!
Milestone: we finished all our childbirth classes and we are officially full term
Next appointment: Wednesday


Baby's development at 37 weeks:
Congratulations! Your baby is now considered full term. If your baby decides to come now, he will most likely be ready to breathe on his own outside of the womb. Your baby probably tips the scales at over 6 pounds now and measures between 19 and 20 inches, head to heel. He is definitely looking like a newborn now.

Your baby has probably moved into the head-down, back-facing position that is ideal for labor. If your baby is breech, “sunny-side up” (head down, facing front), or lying crosswise in the uterus, your doctor may either try to turn him manually or you may be looking at a possible scheduled cesarean.
(source: smartmomma.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails