Monday, June 14, 2010

Before I became a mother, I used to think...

...that changing dirty diapers was the nastiest thing in the world.

...that babies were made out of glass and had to be handled very carefully.

...that I could not function on only three hours of sleep. That's not a solid three hour block, that's three hours total.

...that I knew what love really was.

...that watching someone sleep and wondering what they're dreaming about would be boring.

...that my mother was exaggerating when she said that she'd easily throw herself in harm's way to save me without a second thought.

...that I would never sing the same silly song in the same silly voice over and over again just to make someone smile.

...that I would never be nervous for someone else to get shots.

...that my mother worried too much.

...that I didn't have it in me to be a mother.

...that I could be pregnant 40 weeks and 5 days, then spend 27 hours in the hospital strapped to the bed and go through the pains of labor, tons of swelling and soreness, and feel without a doubt that I'd immediately go through it all again in a heartbeat for Kaylee.

(I borrowed this from someone else, but had to share)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails